Indoor Visitation for Assisted Living
We are now offering scheduled indoor visits as of Thursday, October 15th.
- Assisted Living
- Visits will be located on the south entrance of the community in the vestibule of the Assisted Living entrance
- These visits will have a clear partition in the doorway to safely separate the visitor from the resident
*All visitors must check in at the front desk with the concierge to go through the screening process and get their temperature checked prior to their visit. Once the visitor is checked in, they can drive around to the Assisted Living entrance for their visit.
- Visits will be offered from 10a-6p Monday – Friday, and 10a-5p Saturdays and Sundays
- If you wish to schedule a visit with your loved one in Assisted Living, please contact concierge at (319) 377-9000
Indoor Visitation for Health Center
We are now offering scheduled indoor visits as of Friday, October 23rd.
- Health Center
- Visits will be located in the Coffee Area by the main entrance of our community
- These visits will have a clear partition to safely separate the visitor from the resident
*All visitors must check in at the front desk with the concierge to go through the screening process and get their temperature checked prior to their visit. Once the visitor is checked in, they will walk outside and enter through the Coffee Area door on the exterior of the building
- Visits will be offered from 10a-6p Monday – Friday, and 10a-5p Saturdays and Sundays.
- If you wish to schedule a visit with your loved one in the Health Center, please contact Ashley Lawrence, Activities Director, at (319) 249-3535 or Ashley.Lawrence@TerraceGlenVillage.com.
Guidelines on Eligibility of Visit for Assisted Living and Health Center
Terrace Glen Village will accommodate indoor visitation based on the following guidelines:
- There has been no new onset of COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days and the facility is not currently conducting outbreak testing
- Campus will use the COVID-19 county positivity rate, found on the COVID-19 Nursing Home Data site
- Low (<5%)= Visitation can occur according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies (beyond compassionate care visits)
- Medium (5%-10%)= Visitation should occur according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies (beyond compassionate care visits)
- High (>10%)= Visitation should only occur for compassionate care situations according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies
- The facility may also monitor other factors such as positivity rate of a county adjacent to the county the facility is located.
- Visitation will be scheduled at a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Visits will be scheduled in 30 min increments between the hours of 10a-6p, Monday – Friday, and 10a-5p Saturdays and Sundays. Scheduled visits will be coordinated by the facility based on their ability to manage infection control practices and proper social distancing.
- Visitation will only occur in designated areas to ensure social distancing, proper hand hygiene to be performed prior to and following visit by both visitors and residents, use of a cloth face covering or facemask for both the resident and the visitors.
- Visits will be allowed in the resident’s private room if the resident is bedbound and for health reasons cannot leave their room. Any visitors to resident’s private rooms must utilize full PPE, including a gown, mask, face shield, and gloves at all times while in the facility.
- Up to 2 visitors per visit will be allowed at one time.
- Prior to the visit all visitors will receive in writing the terms of visitation.
- All visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms upon entry.
- Visitors that are unable to pass the screening or comply with infection control practices, like masks will not be allowed to visit.
- Facility will keep visitor logs noting the names of visitors, who they visited, staff that assisted the visit, dates of visit, and contact information in the event of subsequent COVID-19 outbreak among staff or residents.
- Designated visiting area/s will be sanitized, including tables, chairs, and partitions used between each and every visit using an EPA approved disinfectant in accordance with instructions for dilution and contact times.
Eligibility for Visits:
- Visitors may visit their loved ones with the following restrictions:
- Visitors under age 12 years must be in the control of adults who bring them and must also comply with social distancing requirements.
- Pets must be demonstrably under the control of the visitor bringing them in. (Outdoor visits only)
- Visitors must pass all screening criteria at entry of facility including: no symptoms of COVID-19 for at least 14 days prior, no high-risk exposures in the past 14 days, and/or no travel to a high-risk location within the past 14 days
- Visitors must wear a face mask (cloth or surgical) at all times that is covering their mouth and nose.
- Facility staff will accompany all visitors to the designated location and remain in visitation area at all times
- 6-feet distance must be maintained at all times during visit
- Exchange of materials (e.g. gifts, clothing, etc.), must be done through a staff member
- Visitors sign off on their understanding and compliance with the terms of visiting
Beautician Returning to Terrace Glen Village
We’re excited to share that the beautician returned to Terrace Glen Village for Independent Living and Assisted Living residents as of Monday, October 12th and will return for Health Center residents as of Wednesday, October 28th.
Upon the return of our beautician, we have to follow specific guidelines and procedures to ensure we are providing a safe environment for our residents.
The procedures and policies with the beautician include:
- Beautician will be screened when entering the facility and must wear a facemask for duration of time in the facility.
- Beautician will be tested for COVID-19 weekly or bi-weekly with our staff, depending on the infection rate in Linn county
- The beautician will remain in the salon area and avoid common areas of the facility.
- Signage to be posted on the door that no one who is feeling ill should enter the salon.
- Resident will be required to wear a mask.
- In the event a resident is unable to wear a face mask the beautician will wear a face shield or goggles in addition to the face mask.
- Staged appointments will be utilized to maintain social distancing and only one resident will be allowed in the salon at a time. Days will be designated for Independent living, assisted living and Health Center.
- Assisted living and independent living tenants will be screened at the front desk prior to going to the salon.
- Beautician will keep a daily log of residents seen for the purpose of contact tracing in the event a positive or suspected case in the community were identified.
- Beautician must properly sanitize, completing and signing checklist which includes salon equipment, surfaces, salon chairs between each resident; and the beautician must perform proper hand hygiene between appointments.
- No hand held blow dryers will be allowed.
- Salon customers who do not live in the community will not be allowed to come in.
Please schedule all appointments for the beautician through the concierge desk at (319) 377-9000. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. We kindly ask that you do not come to the hair salon/village center at the time of your scheduled appointment. The concierge desk will call the resident or a staff member to notify you when to the hairdresser is ready for you to come to your appointment.
*All appointments will be scheduled with a 15 minute timeframe between them to allow the hairdresser to properly sanitize the room.